Wednesday 6 April 2011

Coucou . . . only me. . .

To answer some of your questions... my "Sofa Squatter" doesn't read English and my little bits of art and whatnot don't interest her in the slightest... so no danger whatsoever of her reading my blog.  Since exploding last week and spelling everything out (apparently SS had no idea she was being a pain) things have calmed down and I have managed to sit on the sofa with Mr Hollywood... the buzz buzz of Mobile and click click of computer are now left in her bedroom..... yippee... quiet, calm, silence... I'm liking it.... onto more fun things like...


Watercolours and wax crayons spell "MERMAID FUN" I think she looks very happy with her life (dopey but happy)... she's enjoying the sunshine and is getting ready to play....Paint Party Friday and would like you to checkout the talented Elise at Button Box Cards who is getting ready for a wonderful give away when she reaches her goal....

22 comments:

Cowgirl Red said...

I just love mermaids. My sis and I used to play mermaids all the time. Yes she looks very content. Like you will be when SS is departed. Xoxo. Terah

Jehanne's doodles said...

oh this is really good.
Glad things have improved :)

Pip said...

Hi beautiful sis, love your mermaid and glad you finally confronted SS and things are on the improve. Can we try and Skype this weekend. Hugs xxx

buttonboxcards said...

Hi Catherine thanks for your Button Box support its much appreciated! 5 more followers and then competition time! Yay!xx

GlorV1 said...

Mermaid Fun lookslike she is having a lot of fun. Very nice. Good weekend to you and happy PPF.

Christine said...

wax and watercolour, interesting combination. She's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Dopey but happy, LOL, I like that and I like her. Glad the ss situation has improved a bit.

Abela said...

How beautiful mermaid, greetings

Theresa said...

I love your mermaid! Happy PPF! Theresa

Deanna said...

Crayons? Really? I would have never guessed, you did a great job! She is a happy little mermaid indeed!

Kristin Dudish said...

Such a very fun mermaid... you make me want to play with wax crayons and watercolors!

xo
Kristin

Anne Butera said...

Awww! She's sweet. Not really dopey, just really content and happy.

Anonymous said...

Glad things have improved with your sofa squatter! I like your mermaid - she does look incredibly happy with life!

Marlene said...

Your mermaid is adorable, I don't think she looks dopey - just happy and content.

Ileana said...

I love mermaids! I think you've done a fantastic job with the watercolour and wax crayons. This piece makes me want to head to the beach and party on the ocean floor!! :)

Netty said...

Terrific, such a fab whimsy. Annette

Annabelle said...

Oh, I really like this mermaid....and crayons, I'm absorbing all varying mediums used by all you stunning artists of PPF. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Annabelle ~^..^~

EVA said...

A lovely mermaid Catherine! Hope your visitor and you figure out a way to live together or she moves out soon!

Carrie Martinez said...

Lovely! I like the way the fish scales on the mermaid turned out...I guess that's the crayon showing through the watercolor? Such a cool technique I'll have to try, gives a great watery effect to the whole piece without compromising the details. Nice!

Lynn Stevens said...

oh yes. Lots of FUN!!!!

jywheeler said...

oh what a precious little face. I love her.

Victoria said...

Hi Catherine...beautiful..she is wondeful and has such a gorgeous spirit!
Victoria~