Sunday 4 September 2011

Sunday Sketches . . .

Good Morning everyone... I've been messing about with my watercolours this week. No clear plan of what I wanted to do... these little ladies just popped onto the page and I just went with it...
This little "Miss Cross-Patch" popped straight onto the page and started yelling about this and that... at the moment she's just ranting, I have no idea what about so I just turned the page... I'll go back later when she's a bit calmer....

I sketched about ten little people and rubbed them out till "Miss No" popped up... and she's here to stay.. she reminds me of my girls when they were little and had discovered the word "NO"....

I was trying my hand at backgrounds.... not happy with these grassy things...but I do like my mushrooms at the bottom.... Missy here, wandered onto the pages looking for something but can't remember what... I told her to retrace her steps and hopefully that would jog her memory....  It's something that happens to me all the time.....  Watch out... us girlies are coming over to see everyone at Sunday Sketches....

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely paintings! Little Miss Cross Patch reminds me of my daughter when she was small! Have a nice Sunday, Valerie

WrightStuff said...

Ha! Missy should come over and we'll talk about forgetfulness together... if we remember!

carol l mckenna said...

Love your sketches ~ So happy and fun! ~ thanks for sharing, namaste, CArol (Share the Creative Journey) (^_^)

Heather said...

Yes, I recognize little miss cross patch! my redhead has the same expression and posture when she's angry! thannks for your sweet words over at my blog! i am glad to be back - still trying to work through it all in my head...some people around where i live have lost everything from the hurricane - it's hard to even put your amrs around something like this.
thanks for the smile on the post below - i LOVE your video!!!!
Hugs, my friend!

Joni Nickrent said...

Love them all...fun to see what pops up every now and than! And little Miss No is too fun a perfect character! http://all-the-wright-stuff.blogspot.com/

Netty said...

Terrific works, love the huge boots, fab. Annette x

Lenora said...

Actually I like the grassy things i love the red flowery things! and of course i love Miss No's expression in the first ..could be my daughter on the very odd day now and she's much older than that :-) - but then again on some days this is me and i am much older than that too!

Kristin Dudish said...

Ha! Such fun and expressive drawings! I actually quite like the grassy things (and I love her tights)!

xo
Kristin

Christine said...

Little miss cross-patch made me chuckle! Cute sketches with their own personalities this week.

m7 said...

your sketches this week are extra cute! say hi to miss cross patch and miss No. . :P :D

Sandra van Doorn said...

i absolutely love them... and actually i love the grassy bits!!
lately i have been practicing with new mediums (watercolors actually!) and i feel eveyrthing i do is awful... just need to get beyond that feeling!!
xo sandra

Virtual Boy said...

Love the designs of your girls, they all have so much personality!

// -T.W-

Sophia said...

Awwww, your little ladies are quite cute. I really wish I could find one specific "character" and run with it like you. Poo. :D Anyway, I love the little Miss Cross-Patch. LOL Too funny. And adore the "no means no". Adore her red coat and wellies. Hugs

Morph Waffle said...

All three are very sweet. I love their hairdos!

Melisa said...

Wonderful sketches! Miss Cross Patch is my favorite! She is certainly in a mood!

Sinderella's Studio said...

adorable but are those snow boots??????????
cheers, dana

Anonymous said...

Eeps! She is so cute! I love those big feet! Looks like she's about to tell us a thing or two in that first picture too! Your characters are so playful and full of personality. :)

Linda E. Pruitt said...

I love the girlies and especially the grasses int he last picture. But then, I love nature!

steph said...

They are simply ADORABLE!!! I LOVE them!!! and I simply love your style too....

Cowgirl Red said...

Miss Cross Patch is my alter ego. I rant, I rave, at least in my mind. Very cute. Terah