Friday 4 January 2013

Memories . . .

Whilst I was watching TV last night, these adorable characters walked across my journal. The little girl was badgering her Granny to tell her a story. Granny was saying to wait till they got indoors out of the cold and where in front of the fire with a hot cup of tea and slice of cake.  Granny was saying that her bunions were giving her jip...and they were stopping her from remembering any stories.  "Wait till we get home, there's a good girl".

I think I'll bake a cake and invite myself round. I want to hear Granny's stories too...

Nothing quite like being squished up in an armchair with Granny, listening to stories, eating cake and balancing cups of tea on the arm of the chair, in front of a crackling fire.


7 comments:

Netty said...

oooh this is brilliant Catherine and loving the story to go with it. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

ann @ studiohyde said...

Sounds wonderful, count me in too. Love your drawing of these characters.

Anne Manda said...

Very sweet and charming, love your characters! ... mmmm... tea and cake sounds good! :)

Tammie Lee said...

charming, quite charming.

Saskia said...

Gorgeous work on your blog!

Greetings from Belgium, Saskia :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is one of my favorite of your illustrations thus far. The loving eyes of the little girl looking at grandma are so heartwarming. Blessings!

AM Zafaran said...

Adorable..oh so cute lovely! thanks for sharing!